Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Crafts & Champagne: Follow-up

Friday night marked another fantastic Crafts & Champagne party.  As expected, we drank too much, crafted too little, and laughed until it hurt.  And that equals C&C success.

Here’s what we came up with compared to what Pinterest promised:

L to R: Paint Sample Christmas Tree; Curled Paper Glass Ornaments; Tea Light Christmas Globes; Snowflake Popsicle Ornament 

A few things to note:
  1. The most versatile craft here is clearly the tea light wine glass because the contents can be changed out every season (or more frequently, depending upon how on top of it you are).  If you follow the link in the caption, you will see just a few of the possibilities.  The directions stated that the “tea light drops” are only available in certain areas.  Apparently, ours is not one.  Interestingly enough, the world wide web is also not one of those certain areas… So, we made the holders ourselves.  I scoffed at my mom’s suggestion to use the champagne bottle wire (that comes around the cork), but that’s what everyone ended up using.  And this is when my mother’s constant refrain “I’m always right” comes into play.
  2. I realize it’s a bit difficult to see what we actually came up with.  I will take better photos in future
  3. The most fun was probably the paint sample trees (which we did second).  Not only were we all hitting our drunk, but they are so simple that anyone can do them (gimme craft), and everyone could have done multiples if they wanted.  The particularly crafty can go above and beyond what the rest can and still find it satisfying.  I give you, as proof, the show-off three-tree below.  Thank you, Sarah!
    Sarah's Fancy-Pants Trees
  4. You may notice that the popsicle stick snowflakes are no more than a bunch of painted sticks sitting on a drying rack.  This brings me to two points:
    • You may not get to everything.  Don’t panic!  There is always time to finish afterward or put the supplies away for next time.
    • Read the instructions (or at least look at the pictures!).  If I had paid more attention, I would have realized that the sticks don’t get painted first.  They get painted after they are assembled into snowflakes.  (I also might have noticed that the strips in the glass ornaments are supposed to be 6” long instead of 12”.  This is something I also apparently ignored when Bri suggested it to me at the party (did I mention we did those third, and I was really getting my drunk on?)).

 Anyway, we had a complete blast.  Again, I suggest all ladies get together to do this.  We agreed that we have so much fun, we are going to do it twice a year instead of once.  And so I give you- Crafts & Champagne:Spring 2015 on Pinterest.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment