Thursday, November 13, 2014

WELCOME!

 Hello friends, and welcome to my blog!  I am so glad you decided to stop by.

A few things about me:

  • I love crafting! Decorating! Scrapbooking! (and other things I follow up with exclamation points)
  • I’m a newlywed (I still get a buzz off calling Kevin my “husband”)
  • I have great family (the world’s okayest sister, brother-in-law, and their three kids; Mom; Dad; Bob & Beckie (the in-laws); and baby bro-in-law Brian)
  • I’ve got kick-ass friends who have kick-ass stories.  Bet you can’t wait…
  • I work in an office (albeit a small office) with all men
  • I’m obsessed with words and stories (and their correlating power).  Blame it on the English degree.
  • (I clearly love parentheses)


ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE

It took me a long time to come up with an appropriate name for this blog.  As you can see, my URL is just my name, and that’s because all the good URLs are taken (I even considered the grammatically incorrect “always A adventure,” which would have just killed me (and my mom, grandmother, sister…etc.), but apparently someone was already desperate enough to grab that up).

“Always an Adventure” is one thing (along with peanut M&Ms, road trips, & “xoxox” at the end of every letter) I most associate with one of my favorite people in the world.  It’s what my mom says every time there’s an unexpected turn in the road, a day that didn’t go quite as planned, or something that is truly spectacular.  Yes, life is always an adventure.

This blog is really just an exercise in my own creativity and boredom.  I can’t promise themes, though they usually tend to emerge at some point, and I can promise but rarely deliver on dependability and timeliness.  However, if you think you might enjoy, check back once a week to see what magically wonderful thought has struck me.

Tune in Monday for my first DIY post! (if the weekend goes according to plan...)

No comments:

Post a Comment